Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Someone posted a video on facebook, showing the last glimpses of Moin Akhter's face before he was buried. And..it was just so scary. I mean, nothing he's ever earned is going to the grave with him. Just him with his deeds, whatever he did in this world to accompany him, and nothing else. What ever he's done is done, and there are no chances left.

It got me thinking, I am so immersed in the worldly life, distracted by people, things that won't ever matter in the end. Everything will turn to dust, and what shall help me is what I have done. What if all the chances end tomorrow? Or next week? Have I done enough to save myself from the hell fire?

We tend to forget our purpose in life time and time again. Then death knocks at someone else's door, reminding us that we have to go one day too, and whatever time you have on your hands is priceless. Every ticking second, every ticking minute.

Why do we forget so easily what we were sent down for? Why do we forget that we will have to be accountable for every single deed we have done on the Day of Judgement? Are there not enough of Allah's signs around us? Indeed, there are. But we forget all the same. Distracted by materialistic objects that will eventually end, just like us.

I think we all need a reminder once in a while that this world is not worth it. Anyone who destroys his aakhirah for the good of this dunya is a very, very unlucky person. And this is me, reminding myself more than anyone else.

Allahumma ajirni min an-naar. (Oh Allah! Save me from the fire.)


No comments: