Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

i have not seen a snowflake melt to say that it melted for you
and i have not strayed so i could tread upon a golden leaf - a crunch - in autumn hues 
       - or snow capped mountains in all their pride,
         or the baldness of a winter tree
            because you might say to me
that i could've looked and looked, in winter boots and foggy breath - and thought
of you and me; 
    Yet
        still God gave me words, the Sun and the day, 
the night and the stars and the wandering voice of baked-skinned street vendors
coming my way
     and an embrace, or someone's whispers into a listening ear, a smile 
     and the honking cars, and Living streets, perhaps a garland-selling child
and scents of spices and flowers climbing up the wall of my own backyard
                                                          (they fold perfectly into verses) -
i have not less, i need not more
for a thing like love could never be lonely; the skies will clear and the birds will sing
and for beautiful hearts, there'll be beautiful things
 always, my love -
always.

No comments: